Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-06-11

Days long gone

Old photos, but fresh memories. Let's Marianne take you for a sentimental walk through her childhood. You will love her sensational background work and amazing colour mix.



Some time when you sit and looking through all the old photo-albums you find some treasures and that’s just happened with me.


This precious photo, taken by my father (who was an eager photographer), with me as a young kid walking all alone (looks like I’m all alone in the whole wide world) brings back some good memories from my childhood. I remember spending so many happy hours out in the nature with my family and I am so happy that my father took so many pictures when I was growing up. I love looking through all my albums together with my girls.






On this layout I chose the beautiful pattern paper from Finnabairs’s Cold Country collection. Love the colortones on this and felt it matched my photo very well.

 
I did some work on the paper with some watercolor and gesso and of course stencils and stamps. The chipboards are painted with some heavy gesso and violet acrylic paint. And the old flowers from Prima has also got a tiny hint of gesso.  Underneath the photo you can see how I used the packaging from the Prima flowers. Very cool to use such things as layering.


Products from Mixed Media Place:



Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm smiling Marianne - you look so tiny walking in all that field of dirt and in a light color too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just love seeing this picture - still smiling!!! And you did a beautiful tribute to the memory with this lovely page. Make the First Step sentiment - so perfect. Thanks bunches for sharing So fun. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne,
    Your photo is so very adorable on your gorgeous layout. I look at old photos and they will often bring back a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.