Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-05-15

Pocket Scrapbooking!

Summer holidays are near and we are already planning our trips and travels.
How about preparing some really unique - and very travel-friendly size papers to accompany us on our journeys...? :)
Something a little bit different today....
{because who says that we can't create our very OWN and personal Project Life, hm...? ;) }


Hi there! Today I'd like to show you how to make your own mixed media paper for your personal pocket scrapbooking or any other paper crafting project.


How to do it? Here are some really simple and fun steps:


1) First, you start out with an A3 watercolor paper or similar.
2) Take some strips of paper from a notebook and glue them with Gel Medium Matte.
3) When dry, cover the parts with Clear Gesso.
4) When gesso dries, paint some parts of your paper with Chalkboard paint. Then, you can add some more color using acrylic paints.
I made 3 different papers and chose yellow on one, pink on the other and blue on the last one.
On top of this I used various colors of Gelatos. On the pink page I also used some pink Ecoline watercolor and Dylusions Spray with a mask.
5) To add some extra texture to the pages I did some monoprinting on top. I used a monoprinting plate with some white acrylic paint. Made some patterns with found objects.
I then did some stamping with black ink and my own handmade stamps, but here you could use any kind of stamps.
6) Finally, I added some white circles with white acrylic paint.


When you finish, you can do all sorts of things with your paper - you can either copy your artwork to a 200g glossy white paper or you can cut your original artwork, either way will look good.


I've copied mine and then cut them into sizes suitable for my pockets. :)
I then took out my various 7Dots stickers and diecuts and added to some of the pages.
I think I might add some doodling and text when I put them to use.

The idea for this project came from this amazing lady: Roben-Marie Smith.
Hope this gave you some inspiration to create your own personal paper for those personal projects.

Supplies from Mixed Media Place:


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk ! Så stilig ! Love this, Linda. It looks amazing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastisk ! Så stilig ! Love this, Linda. It looks amazing !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.